Meet the Team
|Mr C Windley||Head of PE|
|Miss L Anfield||Teacher of PE and School Games Co-ordinator|
|Mr R Belk||Teacher of PE/Asscociate Assistant Principal – Deep Support|
|Miss L Arnold||Teacher of PE/Head of Life|
|Mrs N Taberner||Teacher of PE/Assistant Principal – Deep Experience|
“Physical Fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” John F Kennedy
De Lacy Academy believes that Physical Education plays a significant role in a student’s development into adulthood. Our curriculum allows students to express, communicate and develop in across a number of sports. Physical Education provides a range of experiences that form the basis for lifelong sporting and recreational activity. We believe this inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport. Our curriculum will provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident and develop resilience in a way which supports their fitness, wellbeing, physical and mental health. The opportunities students get at De Lacy allow them to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
We aim to:
- encourage a healthy and active lifestyle
- nurture sportsmanship in all aspects of competition
- widen each student’s sporting experience and enjoyment through planned lessons and through our enrichment programme
- create a passion for active recreation and sport
- assist students in reaching their physical potential in a variety of sporting environments.
“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” Plato