Year 9 Art
We believe that all students are entitled to a creative experience in the visual arts. Our Art and Design curriculum provides a broad and balanced range of opportunities to work with a wide range of media, to develop new skills, experience new technologies and gain new knowledge. In addition we link all of our learning and practical work to the world we live in, future career pathways and explain how Art and Design plays a vital role in all of our lives. Open ended projects allow students to use their imaginations, express their feelings and problem solve as they work towards quality outcomes. Our curriculum will ensure that all of our students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about other Artists and Designers from various periods of time and different cultures;
- Explore a wide range of 2D and 3D media from drawing and painting to graphic design, ceramics and textiles and printing ;
- Develop analytical skills and be able to express themselves verbally and in written form using subject specific vocabulary;
- Express their own thoughts, feelings and imaginations in creative outcomes;
- Become creative problem solvers;
- Work to design briefs – industry linked;
- Develop their character to learn new skills, to become resilient learners, work independently and have the confidence to speak about and present their ideas and work;
- To develop a sense of pride and create aesthetic outcomes to a high standard.
Our Year 9 Curriculum Content
The image below explains what our Year 9 students will be learning throughout the year. To view this in more detail, please click the Year 9 Curriculum Content document below. To ensure our curriculum is impactful, all our curriculum content is related to our 6 Key Themes.
As part of our curriculum, we ensure that we provide our students the opportunities to broaden their learning through various subject based cultural opportunities. These vary for each subject but provide an array of activities for both students and families to engage with. These are divided into half term learning opportunities and can be found in the documents below.